Sunday, April 6, 2008

"He only takes the best."

This may not make sense to a lot of you, but it does to me.

I feel like when tragedy strikes someone, however undeserving they are for that event, that they are strong enough to make it through. That I wouldn't be able to handle whatever it was that happened to them, but that they are strong enough. This isn't saying that they deserve it, or it's because they are so strong that it happened, but rather that they can survive. That they are admirably strong people who will set an example through their strength.

Was that dumb? Should I not have said that? I don't know what I'm trying to say..

My best friend's father passed away in a car accident on Saturday morning. It's not fair. But nothing is! NOTHING is fair! I am flying home on Wednesday and will be back at school by Thursday night. I need to be there. I need to be where I'm needed. I need to bless others! I need to help. I need to comfort. It's not about me.

I am blessed everyday. So much. I am thankful for my life. I am thankful for the people I call my friends. I am truly blessed by everyone I come in contact with everyday. I try to live each day to the fullest, because we don't know what will happen. We don't know what tomorrow will bring, and that is the truth!

My friends- tell people in your life that you value them! I don't do that as much as I should.

less than three

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mary, you give me hope for the future...and i mean it this time!!!

courtney said...

you are strong enough for whatever God puts in your life as long as you rely on Him!

Sarah said...

I love you! You make my day everytime I see you! I hope all is as well as can be in Jersey.

Anonymous said...

Totally understand...it makes perfect sense (what you said I mean). I am glad you went and that you were able to go. Love you!